Wednesday, September 12, 2012

The unfaithful

The Lord said to me, “Faithless Israel is more righteous than unfaithful Judah." ~Jeremiah 3:11

I believe in God. I believe that the Bible is true. I believe that Jesus died for me. I believe that He conquered sin and death and rose again. I believe! So why don't I always live like I believe.

It is so easy to focus on the wickedness in the world and ignore the darkness in my own soul. We hear messages and read books about the unrighteous state of the unbeliever, but God told Jeremiah, "Faithless Israel is more righteous than unfaithful Judah." To put that in modern terms, "Faithless unbelievers are more righteous than unfaithful Christians."

This should be a wake up call for believers. We need to live what we believe. I am not talking about being perfect but about living a life like there is an empty tomb in Israel. Do we live expecting the return of Christ at any moment? Is our life guided by self our by the very Spirit of God living in us?

James 1:22 says, " Do not merely listen to the word, and so deceive yourselves. Do what it says."

It is time to stand up and be true to what we believe. We need to repent and ask God to forgive our unfaithful attitudes, and be the men and women Jesus died for us to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment