Friday, September 14, 2012

Help in our time of need

 "Let us then approach the throne of grace with confidence, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help us in our time of need." ~Hebrews 4:16

When battling with sin I often feel isolated and alone. I want so desperately to win this battle. Yet at the same time there is this part of me that wants to give in. There is this beast that rages within. It wants to drag me as far away from God as it can.

It is at these times that I find myself burdened with shame and despair. I find myself trying to hide from God. It is like Adam in the Garden, I don't want God to see the nakedness of my soul.

According to Hebrews, this is the moment when God tells us to come to His throne with confidence because we have this High Priest, Jesus, who stands before God, interceding on our behalf. Jesus can sympathize with our struggles because He experienced being tempted in every way. He knows the weight of our battle, so He says come. Come and receive Mercy and Grace and help in your time of need.

Don't allow any thought, fear, or emotion keep you from His throne today.      

No comments:

Post a Comment