Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Be Still

“Be still, and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth.” ~Psalm 46:10

If you are anything like me then you want to be the person with the answers to life's problems. I want to stop the pain of the people around me, kind of like a handy man for life. However, in all reality, I am as much part of the problem as anyone else. I am sinful, broken, and ugly to my inner most parts. 

This is why I need Jesus! 

It is through His death on the cross that God deals with all the ugliness in my life. It is through the cross of Jesus that God dealt with my sinful rebellious attitude. It is at the cross that God fixed the brokenness in me (even when I live as though I am still broken), and it is at that cross that God made me into something beautiful to Him.

I don't know all your circumstances. I don't know your hurts or your pain. What I do know is that God loves you so much that Jesus died for you, and if we would accept His free gift of salvation then we too will find our hearts crying out to us, "Be still, and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth." 

No comments:

Post a Comment