Thursday, January 14, 2010

The Challenge

Started 2010 with a challenge! To live this year as if it is the last year that Jesus is going to give the church. This challenge requires examining every area of our lives and asking is this what I want to be doing when Christ returns?

I am praying and asking God to show me the areas in my life that I need to turn over to Him (which will include every area) knowing that their are far too many times that I live for self rather than for Him.

It is my hope that as I take this journey that others will join me. I have set this challenge before my congregation and now I am putting it out there for all to see. I am tired of going through the motions and wondering what would be different if the church were to rise up and be the people that God intended us to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment