Tuesday, October 19, 2010

The Good News: Mark Part 6

Continuing or study of Mark we will move to chapter 2 where we find Jesus returning to Capernaum after preaching throughout the Galilee region. The people are excited that Jesus has returned and they begin to crowd around to hear Him teach.

Now there was at that time four guys who had a paralyzed friend who believed that Jesus could help there friend so the picked him up and carried him to the house where Jesus was. The house was so crowded that the couldn't even get to the door.

I don't know about you but when I look at the world all around me and I see all the problems and suffering going on, I wonder how in the world does Jesus have time for me? These guys could have just given up. The could have told their friend, "sorry there are just to many people here." but they didn't.

Look at what they did, "Since they could not get him to Jesus because of the crowd, they made an opening in the roof above Jesus and, after digging through it, lowered the mat the paralyzed man was lying on." Mark 2:4 The faith of these men was so strong that were willing to do whatever it took to get there friend to Jesus.

Now lets look at Jesus' response, "When Jesus saw their faith, he said to the paralytic, "Son, your sins are forgiven." Jesus saw their faith! James 2:18 says, "But someone will say, "You have faith; I have deeds." Show me your faith without deeds, and I will show you my faith by what I do."

Now as the passage goes on some of the teachers of the Law got angry because Jesus said the man's sins were forgiven. So Jesus to prove that He has the authority to forgive sins heals the man.

The Good News: Jesus will always reward sincere faith. May you be willing to do whatever it takes to bring people to Jesus. May we believe that Jesus has the answers to both our physical and spiritual needs. Jesus gave His life as a ransom for your sins and want to heal you, so that you too may walk boldly in front of everyone so that they will be amazed and praise God because of His greatness.

No comments:

Post a Comment