Sunday, September 5, 2010

Not skilled to understand

"I am not skilled to understand
What God has willed, what God has planned
I only know at His right hand
Stands one who is my Savior"
~My Savior My God by Aaron Shust

I woke up this morning with these words flowing from my heart. The fact is life is full of things we simple humans will never understand. If you don't believe me have a conversation with... well anyone.

I remember years ago, when I was working security at a movie theater, a girl started asking me questions about my belief in God and Jesus. Some of these questions that she asked where things I could reason through in my mind but it seemed no matter my answer it always fell short of giving a glimpse of the truth of God. "I am not skilled to understand."

What I know is that I live in a world that has a problem. It is full of pain, suffering, greed, anger, lust, hunger, loneliness, abuse, addiction, affliction, despair, and darkness. Every where we look our hearts, minds, and souls are assaulted by things the world would be better off without.

In this world we find ourselves so caught up in the rat race of life that we mindlessly flow from one activity to the next. Most of have in us this since of a deity, "there has to be more to life then this."

We have this longing in us, a longing to live a life of purpose, a live of significance, but how can we even hope to make a difference in a world that needs so much help. "I am not skill to understand, what God has willed what God has planned"

If we allow ourselves, we will quickly find ourselves overwhelmed, "where do I even start?"

"I only know at His right hand, Stands one who is my Savior" Jesus came into this world to show the effect that one man, motivated by God can do. He came as a man full of grace and compassion, and during the three years of public ministry changed the course of human history. We can't even say the year without acknowledging Him.

It is this Jesus that offers the hope that the world needs. It is this Jesus that set an example for us to live by. It is this Jesus that paid the sin debt for you and me. It is this Jesus who poured out His life that we may live. It is this Jesus who conquered death and the grave. It is this Jesus who walked out of the grave to give you new life, and ascended to heaven to sit at God's right hand.

It is Jesus who sent the Holy Spirit to guild us and teach us the things of God. It was this Spirit that guided men of God to write the Bible to give us the very word of God.

No comments:

Post a Comment